Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Who Am I?

Last night I was talking with my husband about who we were to each other. He came up with a great and fun idea to describe things that we do but do not notice that we do them. For instance, he told me that I change my mind on the outfits that I will wear before we go out and he noted that I usually chose the 3rd outfit. Therefore, a part of me is indecisive when it comes to my choice clothing and my appearance. In other words, I care that much to go through the motions of changing instead of being content with what I had on first. Who we are is combined with our POV (point of view), the POV from those closest to us and POV of our enemies.

I can tell you that I am just a normal woman, in my opinion. I can let you know that I am an introvert, complicated, etc. However, does that truly define me? No! You might think that I am talented or a charming woman or even manipulative, but you have defined me in your opinion and there is truth to it because your interpretation is of who you know me as. Your point of view of me is just as valid as mine and, therefore, we are defined by our relationships. We are defined by other’s points of views because they can highlight other aspects and qualities that you or I have that we cannot see.

There is a popular saying, “show me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are.” This is true, we are defined in pieces and they are valid interpretations of who we are because we cannot be defined by our own perceptions.

Not sure if this makes sense but it is just a thought in my head

Happy Blogging :)

Be Blessed,
Jessy

1 comment:

  1. Hola! Girl you are not "normal" you are above normal. You are not catty in stead a super lovely women with a warm and touching heart that reaches so many!!! And I did not you were an intovert. Seeing you on stage and working with the church made me think you were the opposite... See I learned something new about you :)

    ReplyDelete