Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sea of Glass

Enjoy this poem I wrote :)

I stand on the edge of a known sea cliff

Overlooking the celestial view of sea before me

The night creeps in

And I am standing here, once again

I stand on the edge of this place

My toes feel the sheer breeze that begins to linger on my face

No warmth ever stays at this place

I passed the sign which read “DO NOT ENTER HERE”

I know it’s because it’s not what it appears

Crystal midnight blue majestic waves

But underneath the site lays a valley of graves

Floating like silk dancing in the wind

Curiosity is its beat friend

At the edge is where we can chose to leap

Leap into this deep blue sea

They told me it would make me feel free

No worries…

Only the pleasure of the sea’s company

The moonlight shines against moving waves

Choppy rhythms, my eyes are locks

Holding me back is this mountain of rocks

This wind, it draws me in

Singing something sweet, alluring me to take this leap

Is it the trill, the moment, this timeless second?

Forget it!

I’ll do it! I jump being lead by my hand

Doing so, I then realize this is the Sea of Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment