Wednesday, March 9, 2011

But not with God…

On my way to work I started reflecting on a couple of minor inward struggles that I face, as we all have short-comings. I started to think, “If I were to tell people, how would they react?” Think about the things you say under your breath, our thoughts, our actions in private, our addiction’s, etc. I then begin to feel fearful because I know that some, not all, would judge, misinterpret, or ignore me. There is an underlining human fear that is married with letting people know our weakness or “sin(s).” Therefore, we, or in I this case, do not express to our brothers or sisters our struggle(s) out of fear. But, we do not have to have this fear with God. The beauty of God and what Jesus did for us is a miracle. When we come before the Father, we can open ourselves completely before Him and HE DOES NOT JUDGE. His love and forgiveness extends to the deepest part of our soul. Upon confiding in Him, He penetrates the heart with understanding and grace.


I find that the more open I am with God, even when I know that He knows everything, it is easy for me to deal with my load. Learning to leave my struggles, thoughts, words, etc, at the cross is a blessing, a humbling gift from Jesus. Of course its good to talk to someone you trust about whatever it is you need to. Luckily I have a great husband and wonderful family that are good listeners and help me out. If you know me, then you know that I am all about keeping it real. God, rudy and my family help me keep it real! LOVE IT!

Anyhow, this quick note is to express that we do not need to have humanly fears with God. He loves us so much that Jesus came to us in human form, as a slave; dying a criminal’s death. His humbleness and love is so great that He would wash the feet of His disciples. DUDE, you reading this? You get that? Jesus would wash the feet of His disciples. Look, he is the Son of God. He loves us to the point of simply serving us AND THEN…. Dying for us. THEN… he rose from the grave to break the ugly chains of sin and all that is coupled with it. So, today, I am living without humanly fear before God. I am going to open my heart and allow Him to do what He came here to do. And I will worship Him for He is good and worthy to be praised. AND… when I fear, I will say silently… But not with God! AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment